Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I had a dream the other night.

It's summer.

It's almost 1/3 of the way over.

Yep.  Count your weeks parents.  Before you know it, you can ship the kids back to school for a few short hours a day so you can drink your rockstar in peace. 

You thought I was going to say the opposite right?  Enjoy your kids while they are home all summer... blah blah blah.  I mean that too of course.  But, sometimes you need a break with just adults.  As my grandma tells me, you can love your baby all you want- but love yourself too.  

(insert lovely dreamy music here)

Sometimes I imagine I AM a rockstar.  I walk out on stage, the crowd screams, & I hit the perfect pitch every time.  Not to mention I have stellar dance moves & if you have heard me sing or dance we all know how far from perfect I am. 

(exit lovely dreamy music for loud alarm...  reach for the snooze button...)

When One Republic adds a Salt Lake show to the list, I'm there.  And for a few short hours, I can pretend all the above with 10,000 other people around me doing the exact same thing.  I've now seen them more times than albums they've released.  I'm that girl that knows way too much trivia about the band & all the obscure lyrics.   They rock my world.  Any chance I have to sing live with them-yes-I said "with them."   

That love yourself time for me involved a babysitter, a couple redbulls(never again), & some of the best friends this chick could ask for.  Basically, Sheena & I took our husbands & the Hassells along for our ride.  My music-filled, friend-singing, stranger-dancing night was pure perfection(minus the cluster to get in & out of the venue).  

Music is my passion.  Everyone loves a good song.

Sheena only knew a few songs & stuck with me the entire time.  That's true friendship.  I promised her she could pick the next concert which I'm guessing will involve something country.  Get your spouse/bestie (or both) & find a summer concert, dance your a$$ off and sing like you think you can. If you don't, you will only regret not having a much deserved kid-free evening.  
No mommy guilt for this girl.
Thanks One Republic for an excellent show!

xoxo
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment